Wednesday, April 7, 2010

julie and julia: the movie with meryl streep and amy adams

i grew up watching julia child on educational tv out of boston. my entire generation did, and if you were to ask me to list my favorite cuisines in descending order, french would be somewhere after 5 or 6 following most asian and mediterranean cuisines. sure there are specific dishes that i love, but on the whole, i make other choices. but this film has spurred me to reconsider, a bit. such was julia's passion and is streep's interpretation of it. (i used to think dan akroyd's imitations of julia were the best despite being comic and over the top.)

for me this is one of the best roles that streep has performed and the story, needless to say, is one i can relate to.

rather than bore you with my words i suggest you take a look at the trailer for the film and decide for yourself by clicking on the yuotube link below. as one person commented on youtube, surprisingly this is not a chick flick but a well rounded film about some serious foodies and the lengths that they went to for the love and passion of french cuisine.


No comments: